Owner And Founder
How Howard’s Experience Benefits You!
Knowledge of Finance – Most commercial real estate brokers have a little finance experience. Before getting into Real Estate, Howard worked for 6 years as an Mergers & Acquisitions Manager at ING in Belgium (formerly Bank Brussels Lambert). This included 3 years running and selling 3 different businesses.
Why That is Important – Because of that knowledge and the large number of financing contacts that Howard has, he can put together deals that most other can’t. In fact, he is considered an expert and others come to him for advice.
Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate
Howard has 20 years of experience assisting buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants. A number of world class institutions, lenders, and investors depend on Howard’s refined Asset Management expertise, specifically, his track record for maximized returns and minimized risk.
Wide Variety of Transactions
– Cap Ex Commercial has brokered every type of real estate transaction, including office, retail, industrial, flex space, hotels (over 2 dozen hotel transactions alone) and also medical office buildings. Valuations have ranged from $100,000 to $100 million.
Property Owner Himself
– Howard has owned many types of property himself and therefore knows the issues from the owners side, not just as a real estate agent. He has owned office, retail, industrial, and flex space properties.
“Understander” of Tech
– Howard studies tech to find new ways it can be used to increase your profits
Education and Experience
- High School: Gilman School
- College: Tufts University
- Graduate School: Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies M.A. 1988-1990 Bologna Italy and Washington D.C
- Finance background: 6 years as a Mergers and Acquisitions Manager including 3 years running and selling 3 businesses 1990-1996 ING (formerly Bank Brussels Lambert) in Belgium
Baltimore Maryland Native
– Howard went to the Gilman School, away to Tufts University and grad school at Johns Hopkins. From living and working here for years, he intimately knows the characteristics of the different neighborhoods and has a great feel for the market.
Speaks 4 Languages
– Howard speaks English, French, Italian and Dutch. In most situations this isn’t a factor, but it can come in very handy at times. This allows a broader view of capital and macroeconomic trends.
Churches, Religious Institutions – Most lenders don’t like dealing with churches because it looks bad if they have to foreclose. Howard has worked with a range of churches and synagogues to help them with their special needs.
Native First Nation groups – Howard has helped several with their transactions
- Gilman School – Past President of the Alumni Association
- CREW-Baltimore – Past President
- BNI – Chapter Success Coach
- Maryland Opera – Founding Board Member
Why I love commercial real estate?
What I would be doing if I weren’t doing this?
Learning and teaching about wine!